Orders are shipped via FedEx or US Priority Mail. Orders can be shipped by UPS, if requested. Most orders placed will ship within a few days, however, during the busy holiday season this may take longer due to the volume of orders we receive. We recommend placing Christmas orders early to insure a prompt arrival before Christmas. Below is shipping information you may find helpful with ordering and delivery.
- Once we receive your order and it's processed, it may take a few days to have it ready to ship depending on the item and availability (some specialty brittles we usually cook to order).
- You may chose to delay your order and have it shipped to arrive at a later date. This can be done at checkout. Under "additional questions" you can indicate a specific date for your order to arrive at a later date by typing it in the text box.
- All orders are processed and shipped in the order they are received. When selecting a shipping level (Ground, 2 Day, Overnight), keep in mind (as mentioned above) that it may take 2-3 days before we can have your order ready to ship depending on availability of the item. Selecting an Expedited (Overnight, 2-Day, etc) shipping option only speeds up delivery of your order once it ships from here.
- Shipping costs for FedEx and Priority Mail are in real time rates. Some shipping charges might seem high(items shipped to a residence), these charges maybe incurring delivery surcharges if the package is being shipped to a rural area or limited access address. Residential addresses will always have a higher shipping charge verses shipping to a commercial (business) address. We do not mark up shipping charges. If you want to save some money on shipping charges, we suggest you have your order shipped to your place of work( if allowed). USPS does not discount rates according to residential and commercial.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation by email once your order is ready to ship. Once your order has been received by FedEx, USPS or UPS it becomes their responsibility to deliver it to you. We no longer have control of this order. Shipping status inquiries should be made with the shipping company you selected to deliver your order as we have limited access information on it once it has shipped.
- All of our brittles and other products are packaged to full volume in their appropriate containers and are in superior condition before they leaves our facility. You should expect some slight breakage of our brittles during shipping. Should you receive your order and the brittle is under half full and consists mainly of powder and nuts then it has been damaged during shipping(dropped, thrown, etc). We certainly will replace it, however, we must file a claim with the shipping company first and receive the refund from them in order to re-ship the damaged order. This may take a few days.
- Stolen packages (Porch Piracy ) have become such an increasing issue over the past few years that shipping companies are having to change their limits on their liability of the packages they deliver. FedEx will no longer be liable for any packages that are shipped without a signature upon delivery. We highly recommend you have your order shipped to where you will be during the daytime to reduce the porch pirate problem.
- If you did not receive your order, please contact the shipping company you chose to ship it FIRST! This will speed up the process of tracking the package down. Have your tracking number handy when calling them. Since we aren't the shipping company, we have no control over the package. We have the same access to obtain tracking information as you do, by online or a phone call. Unfortunately, we won't be as helpful as many customers might think but we will be happy to assist you however possible. If your package has never been delivered, the shipping company will do an investigation on it to attempt to recover it. If it becomes lost, the shipping company will refund the amount this typically is done in a few days.